Monday 13 May 2013

I need to say sorry to my fans for not performing well this season: Yuvraj Singh

I need to say sorry to my fans for not performing well this season: Yuvraj Singh



    Recently there were reports suggesting that Yuvraj Singh might not be a part of Pune Warriors India in the next season of IPL due to his under-performance. While Yuvraj agrees that he is not in his best form now, he will not allow any criticism to bog him down. “I cannot be thinking of what other people are saying or writing. I have to concentrate on my game. Such reports should not affect any player,” he said. However, the
cricketer, who returned to cricket this season after his battle against cancer, added that he felt the need to say sorry to his fans for not performing well in this season’s IPL. “Yes, I agree that I have not been able to give my best on the field. Personally, I am not happy with my performance. And I need to apologise to my fans on behalf of the team,” he said. A visibly upset Yuvraj also added, “Things do not go your way always. And even critics need to understand that. Fans come to see us win but we have disappointed them a lot of times. We let our franchisee down and I am sorry for that.”
    However, he feels that there is still time to perform and prove that the team is a ‘real warrior’. “Now, that only a few games are left to play, we have to try and play for our pride and prove ourselves,” he said.
    We had reported earlier about Yuvi’s plans to make his book into a film. Though he has got a few offers on the same, he hasn’t finalised on anything yet. “Yes, I am getting a lot of offers, but I haven’t sold the rights of the book yet,” he said.

Yuvraj Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment