Monday 13 May 2013

Introduces the final six contestants of India’s Best Dramebaaz

MEET THE TOP SIX DRAMA KINGS AND QUEENS

Introduces the final six contestants of India’s Best Dramebaaz


    The reality TV show Surf Excel presents India’s Best Dramebaaz, featuring children, has boiled down to the final six contestants. Even Bollywood celebrities like David Dhawan and Preity Zinta are all praises for the kids and their talents. David says they have maturity, poise and confidence which is remarkable. Some of them deliver lines with such aplomb that even seasoned actors will have a tough time matching up to them. Exceptionally talented, all of them are looking forward to winning the ‘Golden Keeda’ at the grand finale. Bombay Times spoke to the youngsters, who have reached the top six after going through weeks
of hard work and getting lakhs of votes. 
 
The show airs Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm on Zee TV. Online link: www.youtube.com/zeetv has a playlist to showcase the journey of the top six IBD contestants.

NIHAR HEMANT GITE Age: Six Class: Upper KG Hometown: Shirdi Title earned:
Talent House
    The official mastikhor on the set, Nihar’s favourite pastime is to trouble cocontestants. The boy vows, “Now that I’m in the top six, I will cut down on my masti and take acting more seriously.” So, who is his first ‘drama’ teacher? “I have learnt dramebaazi from my father. I watch advertisements and copy the expressions of the characters in them.” Not just dramebaazi, Nihar is a painter, too. His name is registered in the India Book of Records as a young achiever, for creating the maximum number of Ganesha paintings.


MEHNAAZ MAAN Age: Eight Class: IV Hometown: Mohali Title earned:
Powerpack performer
She was a star even before performing on the IBD stage — her Punjabi flick released recently. She has been learning theatre and has completed a year. “I used to lock myself in the room and imitate people. I also used to imitate my
mother, who is a theatre artiste. My mother has been my strength and support. I am living her dream. I have good grasping power and am a quick learner.”
    Her strength is that she can emote well. According to her, Chinmay and Nihar can give her stiff competition. Her favourite judge is Anurag Basu, as he explains their weaknesses and strengths. She aspires to become like Madhuri Dixit.


CHINMAY PRAVEEN DESHKAR Age: 12 Class: VII Hometown: Nagpur Title earned: Golden Star
    He has honed his skills by observing others. He learnt dancing by watching his elder sister and gave his first performance when he was four. His grandfather and uncle have actively participated in road shows popularly called Jhadi Patti — where social messages are imparted in villages. Chinmay has also accompanied his uncle on many such shows. His strength — clear diction and pronunciation.
    “I have had no formal training. I was raw when my uncle made me join him for road shows. I am hard-working,” says he. He is also good at studies, swimming, skating, martial art, cricket and gymnastics. His favourite judge is also Anurag Basu, because he imparts useful tips to the contestants. “I have to be more focussed if I want to win the show. I don’t think I am better than my co-contestants. I feel Mehnaaz is the strongest competitor.”


ANJALI AASTHA Age: 10 years
Class: VI
Hometown: Chandigarh
Title earned: Waterworks
    A chatterbox, Anjali can strike a conversation even with a stranger. She is equally good at studies and co-curricular activities such as dance and painting. After being crowned Chandigarh Superstar and Dancer of the Year in her hometown, she now aims to add ‘Golden Keeda’ to the shelf. Anjali has already collected 173 trophies in dance and 33 in painting — one of her paintings was selected for the World Kite Festival. “It feels great to be in the top six. I wasn’t scared as everybody gets to perform at the finale, which will be held a week later,” says she.
    Anurag Basu is her favourite judge as he does a lot of masti with the kids and imparts valuable tips to them. She says, “I love myself. My strength is my dance and expressions. I am known as the expression queen. I aspire to become like Madhuri Dixit one day.”


ADITYA SINGHAL Age: 13 Class: VIII Title earned: The Silent One
Aditya has excelled the art of camouflaging his intentions like a true actor. Don’t go by his sweet face, the boy can be very mischievous. So, how did it all start? “I used to mimic my parents and crack jokes I heard from others. I don’t know how I
    made it to the top six. I don’t even know if I am
    an actor. I just listen to my mentors and incorporate their suggestions,” says he.
    Rather than his strengths, Aditya
prefers to point out the areas he needs to work on. He says, “I don’t move my hands freely. I need to work on my tonal quality also. I have to polish my Hindi, English and Urdu as these languages are necessary if you want to become an actor. I would like to try my hands at direction, too. I want to be like Shah Rukh Khan.”


PRANEET SHARMA Age: Six
Class: Upper KG
Hometown: Jaipur
Title earned: Praneet Shastra
    When not busy with dramebaazi, Praneet loves to eat and sleep. How did he earn the ‘Shastra’ title? Well, the boy has answers to almost every question under the sun. About making it to the top six, he says, “Concentration, focus and observation have got me this far. I used to watch cartoon shows and learnt the art of mimicry from there. I have a good grasping power. Aditya is one of my strongest competitors.”
    Praneet can imitate Bollywood stars ranging from Nana Patekar and Shah Rukh Khan to Sunny Deol. He also won a baby show at Kota in 2008. In Praneet’s case, his mother is his teacher. “My mother teaches me dramebaazi. I would like to be a soldier or be like SRK or Salman when I grow up. They bring an end to bad. Growing up and becoming an Iron Man would also be fun,” says he. His favourite judge is Vivek Oberoi,
because he is
handsome.


JUDGES SPEAK


Vivek Oberoi Over the years, I’ve received many offers on television but it had to be a show that I connected with. Besides, I’ve turned a father this year and the time is ideal for me to be surrounded by mischievous kids. It will prepare me for what I’ll need to handle in just a few years. My role on the show has been more like that of a big brother to the kids who guides them. Had there been such wonderful avenues for acting when I was a kid, I’d have surely participated!


Sonali Bendre The show presents a win-win situation for me… I just love these kids. I’m glad the show provides an atmosphere that puts them at ease, allows them to come into their own and be themselves. Their talent is overwhelming and we have seen some brilliant performances through the season so far.The kids are cute and talkative.Their innocence is adorable and has appealed to absolutely everybody.


Anurag Basu With this show, I’ve got an opportunity to interact with so many talented children. We are not saying that we will create future superstars here. Our main objective has been to bring out the spontaneity of the kids where they will perform without being conscious and I can confidently say we’ve been successful in that. That is why apart from watching their performances; I have been spending time with them personally to understand their creativity. I think the naughtiest, most mischievous kids have fared better on the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment