Friday 11 January 2013

DAUGHTER OF SWEDISH ACTRESS TO DEBUT IN BOLLYWOOD

DAUGHTER OF SWEDISH ACTRESS TO DEBUT IN BOLLYWOOD


    We recently bumped into 22-year-old half-Greek-half-Swedish Elli Avram, who will soon make her Bollywood debut opposite actor Manish Paul in Mickey Virus. Interestingly, during the conversation, we discovered that Elli happens to be the daughter of renowned Swedish actress Maria Granlund. Maria had debuted in the Oscar-winning Swedish film Fanny And Alexander (1982), which was directed by Ingmar Bergman.
    On choosing Hindi films over Swedish, in spite of having most of her family members associated with Swedish cinema, she adds, “My father’s a Greek musician, he is now settled in Sweden. I have done a local youth film and theatre, but I’ve always wanted to work as a lead actress in Bollywood since I was five. I think I was an
Indian in my previous birth!
    Elli reveals that she learnt how to speak English in India. “I’ve lived in Sweden and we study English there, but do not speak it. It’s been six months that I am in Mumbai and I have already done an ad with Akshay Kumar. I have also met Shah Rukh Khan. I love him and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan; she was gorgeous in Devdas. There are lots of Swedish songs which are inspired by Indian songs.”

OTHER FOREIGN IMPORTS IN BOLLYWOOD British-Indian Katrina Kaif Sri Lankan pageant winner Jacqueline Fernandez American actress/dancer Lauren Gottlieb Brazlian model Giselle Monteiro American model Nargis Fakhri German model Claudia Ciesla

Elli Avram

No comments:

Post a Comment