Friday 21 December 2012

Shouldn’t wait for law to be enforced

Shouldn’t wait for law to be enforced

    Divya Dutta says that she can empathise with the girl. “I was manhandled recently. For me, even a touch was so humiliating. I was fortunate that my security was with me. But neither I, nor any girl has security everyday. I can understand the pain that this young girl is undergoing. I
think it’s a trauma she’ll never recover from. Her life has been turned upside down.” Adds Divya on a cautious note, “When I invited some of my friends for my play, one of them said, ‘I would have loved to come but I won’t travel alone at night’. Such incidents create fear among girls. It’s time for action. Something should be done. Instead of waiting for the law to get enforced, it’s time for action. Something should be done.”

Divya Dutta

No comments:

Post a Comment